5000 Ways You know You're From Detroit
"5000 Ways You Know You're From Detroit" by Chris Edwards and Elaine Weeks
If you or someone you know is a Detroit Baby Boomer then 5000 Ways You Know You’re From Detroit is for YOU!
- The ARSENAL OF DEMOCRACY –
- AMERICAN DREAM –
- MOTORTOWN: Detroit put the world on wheels;
- MUSIC CAPITAL OF THE WORLD: Motown, Rock ‘n Roll;
- DETROIT TV & RADIO: Big 8, WKNR, Swingin’ Time, Bozo, Milky, Soupy, Sonny;
- FOOD & DRINK: Lost Restaurants, Vernors, Faygo, Coney Island etc...; –
- FUN: Edgewater, Bob-Lo, State Fair, Belle Isle, Detroit Zoo;
- LANDMARKS: Hudson’s, Sams, Kerns; Big Tire, Fist, Stove, Spirit of Detroit
- SIXTIES & hippies, underground press, March to Freedom, ‘67 Riot/Uprising;
- SPORTS: Kaline, Horton, Lane, Louis; And SO MUCH MORE!
1,400+ photos & recollections of Detroit’s “Baby Boomer” years; the “Golden Era” 1950s PLUS pre & MANY highlights!
Hardcover : 480 pages
Detroit Engine of America
"Detroit: Engine of America" by R.J King This is the story of how, starting in 1701, a crude French settlement along the Detroit River became, in 1900, the birthplace of the automotive...
Detroit Graffiti Hardcover – December 28, 2014by Chris Freitag (Author) In the past three or four years, Detroit has become a “spraycation” spot for graffiti artists. Formerly known as the...
Guardians of Detroit: Architectural Sculpture Coloring Book
Guardians of Detroit: Architectural Sculpture Coloring Book By Jeff Morrison This coloring book is a companion to Guardians of Detroit: Architectural Sculptural in the Motor City, which is a 312-page...