5000 Ways You know You're From Detroit
"5000 Ways You Know You're From Detroit" by Chris Edwards and Elaine Weeks
If you or someone you know is a Detroit Baby Boomer then 5000 Ways You Know You’re From Detroit is for YOU!
- The ARSENAL OF DEMOCRACY –
- AMERICAN DREAM –
- MOTORTOWN: Detroit put the world on wheels;
- MUSIC CAPITAL OF THE WORLD: Motown, Rock ‘n Roll;
- DETROIT TV & RADIO: Big 8, WKNR, Swingin’ Time, Bozo, Milky, Soupy, Sonny;
- FOOD & DRINK: Lost Restaurants, Vernors, Faygo, Coney Island etc...; –
- FUN: Edgewater, Bob-Lo, State Fair, Belle Isle, Detroit Zoo;
- LANDMARKS: Hudson’s, Sams, Kerns; Big Tire, Fist, Stove, Spirit of Detroit
- SIXTIES & hippies, underground press, March to Freedom, ‘67 Riot/Uprising;
- SPORTS: Kaline, Horton, Lane, Louis; And SO MUCH MORE!
1,400+ photos & recollections of Detroit’s “Baby Boomer” years; the “Golden Era” 1950s PLUS pre & MANY highlights!
Hardcover : 480 pages
Watering Holes: Your Guide to Detroit's Bars, Pubs, and Taverns
"Watering Holes: Your Guide to Detroit's Bars, Pubs, and Taverns" by Mike Kline Watering Holes is a guide to the bars, pubs, and taverns located between Warren Avenue and the Detroit...
Sister Pie: The Recipes and Stories of a Big-Hearted Bakery in Detroit
"Sister Pie: The Recipes and Stories of a Big-Hearted Bakery in Detroit by Lisa Ludwinski A bursting-with-personality cookbook from Sister Pie, the boutique bakery that's making Detroit more delicious every day.IACP AWARD...
Detroit Engine of America
"The Buildings of Detroit " by W Hawkins Ferry (Author),? John Gallagher (Foreword) First published in 1968, The Buildings of Detroit: A History by W. Hawkins Ferry is the definitive resource on...