5000 Ways You know You're From Detroit
"5000 Ways You Know You're From Detroit" by Chris Edwards and Elaine Weeks
If you or someone you know is a Detroit Baby Boomer then 5000 Ways You Know You’re From Detroit is for YOU!
- The ARSENAL OF DEMOCRACY –
- AMERICAN DREAM –
- MOTORTOWN: Detroit put the world on wheels;
- MUSIC CAPITAL OF THE WORLD: Motown, Rock ‘n Roll;
- DETROIT TV & RADIO: Big 8, WKNR, Swingin’ Time, Bozo, Milky, Soupy, Sonny;
- FOOD & DRINK: Lost Restaurants, Vernors, Faygo, Coney Island etc...; –
- FUN: Edgewater, Bob-Lo, State Fair, Belle Isle, Detroit Zoo;
- LANDMARKS: Hudson’s, Sams, Kerns; Big Tire, Fist, Stove, Spirit of Detroit
- SIXTIES & hippies, underground press, March to Freedom, ‘67 Riot/Uprising;
- SPORTS: Kaline, Horton, Lane, Louis; And SO MUCH MORE!
1,400+ photos & recollections of Detroit’s “Baby Boomer” years; the “Golden Era” 1950s PLUS pre & MANY highlights!
Hardcover : 480 pages
Belle Isle to 8 Mile: An Insiders Guide to Detroit, Second Edition
Belle Isle to 8 MileAn Insider’s Guide to Detroit, Second Edition Seventh-generation Detroiters Andy Linn, Emily Linn, and Rob Linn, and local business City Bird produced Belle Isle to 8...
A Peoples Atlas of Detroit
A People's Atlas of DetroitEdited by Linda Campbell, Andrew Newman, Sara Safransky, and Tim Stallmann Detroit is widely known as the Motor City, but it has also given rise to...
Detroit Graffiti Hardcover – December 28, 2014by Chris Freitag (Author) In the past three or four years, Detroit has become a “spraycation” spot for graffiti artists. Formerly known as the...