Detroit - Wildsam Field Guide - Second Edition
"Detroit: Second Edition (Wildsam City Guides)" by Taylor Bruce
Wildsam Field Guides: Detroit leads travelers into the storied and complex Michigan city with expert guidance from locals.
Contributors include journalists, entrepreneurs, a poet laureate, barber, Motown legend, bartenders, makers and artists, among others. Topics in the handsome volume include Berry Gordy, ice hockey, blight, the history of automobiles, race riots, Prohibition, urban farming and more. Readers will discover local stories, travel intel and modern lore, including:
- Hit records, from Aretha Franklin to the Stooges;
- A conversation about architecture and urban renewal;
- Select works from renowned Detroit poets;
- An interview with filmmaker Dream Hampton;
- An illustrated map of the future;
- Classic automobiles designed and built in Detroit;
- The seven best old-school neighborhood bars;
- The best diners, jazz clubs, burger joints and more;
- How press reacted to Diego Rivera's murals in the 1930s; and
- An interview with a boxing champion.
Built on ingenuity and grit, Detroit is more than a comeback story; what's unfolding is an urban renaissance, with thriving small businesses that point to a future city alive and well.
Paperback: 131 Pages
Stella Good Coffee - House Blend
House Blend coffee from Detroit's Stella Good Coffee. Made from 100% Arabica beans. Stella Good Coffee's standard issue is 10 cups above the status quo. House Blend coffee is a medium, well-balanced...
Stella Good Coffee - Tornado Blend
Tornado Blend coffee from Stella Good Coffee. A highly-caffeinated, most popular offering made from a blend of Arabica and Robusta beans. "It will pick you up, spin you around & shoot you 12...
Stella Good Coffee - French Roast
French Roast coffee from Detroit's Stella Good Coffee. Made from 100% Arabica beans. French Roast coffee from the former Paris of the Midwest ? yum! French roast coffee is a rich, full-bodied,...